EID 01 – Change colour of CTAgrowthbuffs
If this experiment is successful, I predict the conversion rate from views to signups on our home page will increase by 10% for the following reasons:
- The current color (yellow) doesn’t resonate with our brand colors (although it provides a good contrast with the page’s background)
- I received anecdotal data from a friend who ran this experiment with a similar product where this increased their conversion rates.
- Create two variations of the home page.
- Variation a – Blue CTA
- Variation b – Green CTA
- Test against the Control (current home page) by evenly splitting traffic between the three.
- Test for minimum of 50 conversions
Resource Estimation and Probability
|0.5 Day||0 Day||0.2 Days||High|
- Users respond to Green CTA button much better than other colors. Possible reasons are that green resonates with our branding and it is a good contrast with the page’s background.
- Although the color blue gels well together with our branding it doesn’t provide a good contrast and the button can be missed by users.
- Productize the winning variation (Green CTA)